Pediatric Dentistry in Humble TX
Pediatric dentists are dedicated to watching over and taking care of children’s oral health from infancy up to their teen years. They are equipped with the qualifications and experience needed to care for children’s teeth, gums, and mouth throughout the various stages of childhood.
Going To the Dentist Should NOT Be Frightening
Many people have a genuine fear of the dentist. This is more than likely the effect of some less than desirable experiences at the dentist office when they were children. That is one reason, choosing the right dentist to start our children’s “dental life” off with could be an important decision you make today about your child’s future health and well being.
All pediatric dentist are not created equal. Some are better than others when it comes to relating to children and how they are introduced to certain dental procedures. It’s not about toys, games, cartoons and bright colors in the waiting rooms… It’s about what happens in the dentist’s chair!
Why is An Early & Pleasant Dental Experience Important?
Children start to get their baby teeth within 6 months after birth. When they reach the age of 6 or 7, they will start to lose their first set of teeth or baby teeth. Those will eventually be replaced by the secondary or permanent teeth. Proper dental care is of utmost importance during this stage because without it, children can possibly face oral decay and disease, which can lead to a lifetime of pain and complications.
Recently, early childhood dental caries, which is an infectious disease, has become 5 times more common than asthma and is now 7 times more common than hay fever. By any measure this is an issue to keep a watchful eye for your young children. Those most affected are children between 6 months to 6 years. Treatment for dental caries in children is rather straightforward, but it gets more and more costly and has longer term consequences on permanent teeth if left untreated.
Types Of Treatments That Pediatric Dentists in Humble Tx Provide
Pediatric dentists provide the following treatments, which comprise the comprehensive health care of children:
- Oral health exams for infants, which include assessing the risk for caries in both the mother and the child.
- Habit counseling such as thumb sucking and the use of pacifiers.
- Preventive dental care, which include dental cleaning and fluoride treatments. On top of that, nutrition and diet recommendations are given as well.
- Early assessments and treatments in order to align and straighten teeth. Correction of improper bites can be done as well.
- Repairing tooth defects and filling cavities.
- Treating dental injuries such as displaced, knocked out, or fractured teeth.
- Treating gum diseases and conditions such as short frenulae, mucoceles, and pediatric periodontal disease.
- Diagnosing oral conditions that are associated with certain diseases such as congenital heart defects, diabetes, hay fever, ADHD, and asthma.
Our practice is pleased to offer a flexible plan providing convenient monthly payments with various setup & payment options. Financing subject to credit approval. Click here or the logo below to apply online.
- Unraveling the Mysteries of Dental Implants: Separating Fact from Fiction
- Revolutionizing Gum Health: The Magic of Laser Gum Surgery for Periodontal Disease
- Navigating Your Diet with Invisalign: A Guide to Smart Eating
- The Crown Debate: Porcelain vs. Metal in Dental Restoration
- Denture Alternatives: When Are Dental Implants a Better Choice?
Meet Dr. Gregory
Dr. Holly J. Gregory practices a full scope of periodontics with expertise ranging from dental implants to laser periodontal treatments, gum grafting, and Dr. Gregory can correct a wide variety of periodontal (gum) disease.
Our office is located at 19502 McKay Blvd., Suite 202, Humble, TX 77338. Call us today at (281) 446-9157.