Partial dentures are removable replacement teeth that are attached onto a gum-colored plastic base, which may have a metal framework and clasps or other natural-looking connectors that are designed to keep the dentures in place inside the mouth. In certain cases, the dentures may be attached onto the natural teeth through precision attachments, which offer a more aesthetic look compared to clasps.
As their name implies, partial dentures are used when only one or a few missing teeth need to be replaced either on the upper or lower jaw.
A fixed bridge is used to replace the missing teeth by placing crowns on the teeth on either side of the space where the missing teeth used to be and then attaching artificial teeth on top of them. This bridge will then be cemented into place. Aside from replacing missing teeth and restoring your natural smile, partial dentures also help prevent the remaining natural teeth from changing position thus, preventing any potential problems with eating and speaking from taking place.
What Can You Expect After Getting Partial Dentures?
- Your partial denture may feel a bit awkward or bulky in the beginning. This is normal but you will eventually get used to wearing it over time.
- Putting on and taking out your partial denture will require some practice.
- You will get specific instructions from your dentist with regard to how long you should wear your denture and when you need to take it off.
- Be sure to follow all the instructions that you get from your dentist. Your denture is designed to fit snugly into place and should be easy to install. Keep in mind never to force your denture into place by biting them down because doing this can bend or break the clasps.
- Your dentist will initially ask you take note of any discomforts so that she can properly identify areas that need adjustment.
An alternative to a removable partial denture is a more permanent solution using a dental bridge or the most permanent solution of an implant supported dental bridge.
If you have an area of your mouth with missing teeth, talk to Dr. Abraham to find out what might be the best option for you to fill it. A partial denture in Kingwood Tx is often the perfect solution. Call today to setup your initial appointment or you can set an appointment online using our “Schedule an Appointment” app on the right side of this page.
Our practice is pleased to offer several flexible plans providing low monthly payments with various setup & payment options. Click either of the logos below to apply online.
Our patients can now pay online with their CareCredit credit card and take advantage of promotional financing.
Click Here For Care Credit Pay
Meet Dr. Gregory
Dr. Holly J. Gregory practices a full scope of periodontics with expertise ranging from dental implants to laser periodontal treatments, gum grafting, and Dr. Gregory can correct a wide variety of periodontal (gum) disease.
Our office is located at 19502 McKay Blvd., Suite 202, Humble, TX 77338. Call us today at (281) 816-4707.