TMJ, TMD Laser Treatment to Reduce the Pain and Repair TMJ, TMD
How laser therapy works on TMJ Dysfunction?
Low level laser therapy (LLLT) is an infra-red light treatment delivered directly to the site of the Temporomandibular Joint Disorder. We use the only the best equipment, employing the latest and most advanced Laser Therapy Technologies.
- LLLT uses infra-red light therapy at a cellular level
- Laser therapy assists blood flow thus increasing oxygen, glucose and nutrients supplied to the affected muscles
- Stimulates the body’s own healing process and speeds up recovery time
- The protons stimulate collagen production, fueling ligaments and tissues to grow stronger, faster
- Reduces free radicals and oxidative stress
- Increases cell metabolism and greatly reduces pain
- Heals the nerves surrounding the jaw
- Accelerates healing and greatly reduces long-lasting pain
- Reduces pain and inflammation without medications
- It can improve the health of your damaged jaw disk as well as speed up your recovery time
- Non-invasive and non-surgical treatment
- Helps improve range of movement and physical function
- As it is pain-free, it can be applied to very sore muscles and joints without causing further trauma
- Can be used on all ages
- No side effects
- Low Level Laser Therapy is a safe, pain-free, comfortable application of infra-red light
- Reduces the need for anti-inflammatory medications
- No heat is omitted, it will not damage cells or burn the skin or surrounding tissue
Low Level Cold Lasers have limited power and therefore may not always be effective at reaching the deeply damaged area of the disk. In this case your qualified specialist will advise you of alternative methods of treatment.
Our practice is pleased to offer a flexible plan providing convenient monthly payments with various setup & payment options. Financing subject to credit approval. Click here or the logo below to apply online.
Meet Dr. Gregory
Dr. Holly J. Gregory practices a full scope of periodontics with expertise ranging from dental implants to laser periodontal treatments, gum grafting, and Dr. Gregory can correct a wide variety of periodontal (gum) disease.
Our office is located at 19502 McKay Blvd., Suite 202, Humble, TX 77338. Call us today at (281) 446-9157.